India, here I (maybe) come

I have been planning to visit India for the past two years. Last year's trip was canceled at the last minute because I did not have the visa needed to enter the country. This year, I started the visa process as soon as I got back from my early trip to Asia (see first few posts in my blog). I needed to renew my passport inorder to get a visa (because it was within six months of expiration). The morning arrived for me to turn in my paper work and I arrived to the Counsulate General's Office to find out India has decided to outsource their visa service. This meant an entirely different application (online only) and different photo requirements (two of the same picture instead of one). To make a painfully long story short, after several day trips to New York City, I finally received my visa. If anyone is considering a trip to India, feel free to contact me for some tips in securing your visa.

No comments: