Happy New Year!

Saratoga Springs has a great New Years Eve celebration every year. http://www.ymcasaratoga.org/firstnight/shogrid.php I spent my first NYE in Saratoga in 2007 after spending the last seven years celebrating in New York City. This year I was under the weather and stayed in.
What is coming up?

I'm really looking forward to the annual SUCH holiday gathering! The admission offices from Skidmore College, Union College, Colgate University, and Hamilton College get together every year to celebrate the holidays, take a break from the application review season, and just to catch up with each other. The party host rotates every year so this year Hamilton College is the host school. One of the biggest surprises to me about my job in admissions is the extraordinary collegiality in the profession. This was particularly surprising given my experience as a student athlete for Skidmore (we compete against Hamilton and Union in the Liberty League).

I'll be at the College Connect Annual Meeting held at The Hilton Lake Place Resort in Lake Placid, New York on January 17th-18th (Carpooling with Union College to the event!).
http://www.collegefes.org/pdf/CCAnnualMeeting08.pdf


Walter, one of the (many) admissions office mascots, gets tangled in some holiday lights. Happy Holidays!

No comments: