My Favorites list

My favorite Pizza: Panza's. This place has thin crust pizza that is only made a few nights a week. It is located on the lake and I would guess the vast majority of Skidmore students don't know about this hidden gem. I've only known about this place for a few years.

My favorite shop: Alpine Shop is a cool little snowboard/ski shop that students can walk to from campus. They have a friendly dog in the shop, free popcorn, and knowledgeable staff.

My favorite restaurant: Lanci's is hands down the best dining experience in Saratoga and beyond. It is a tiny restaurant where you will be treated like you are the only guest in the place (we were the only guests the last time we were there). The food is top notch, the service is excellent and I can't think of a better restaurant experience (anywhere) for a quiet dinner for two.

Favorite Bagel shop: Uncommon Grounds is the obvious choice here. It really is a coffee shop and I hear their coffee is really good ( I don't drink coffee so I wouldn't know). Our office will get a bunch of bagels and cream cheese for a nice treat every once in a while.

My favorite hotel to recommend: The Springs Motel. It's not the nicest place in town. In fact, it is probably one of the most affordable in town. The Springs Motel is consistently clean and most of the guests are repeat clients/guest. It is also owned by one of Skidmore's security officers.

Favorite Fast Food: Moe's. Huge portions for really fair prices. I usually get the Overachiever, Billy Barou, or the Homewrecker. The queso sauce is addictive.

Favorite place for a Sandwich: Roma's Deli! I've only ordered one type of sandwich here for the last few years; domestic prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, lettuce, onion and light Italian dressing on an Italian sub. Olives on the side.

Favorite place for a quick bite downtown for less than four dollars: Esperanto. The rice and beans plate is an awesome meal for so little money. Don't forget to try the dough boy (you'll need more than one to fill up).

No comments: