Leave your car at home week

Next week is "Leave your car at home week" at Skidmore. Community members will log in and register the number of miles saved (by walking, biking or carpooling). Current students will measure the reduced carbon footprint during the week.

I've actually been carpooling to Skidmore recently. Today my fellow "carpooler" was out of town for a "College Night" panel and I had the opportunity to bike to work. It was a great ride of about seven miles with a mix of inclines and declines. I passed the Skidmore baseball field, the Wombats' (Ultimate Frisbee Team) field, and several horse farms. It is an incredibly beautiful ride. I arrived to work a bit sweaty with my work clothes in my back pack.
The commute took me thirty minutes long.


I received cheers and waves from community members on my way to work and I hope to see many more community members joining in the effort!

No comments: