Spring Travel

Spring travel season has come and gone. Compared to the fall travel season, spring travel season is much shorter and not nearly as intense.

I spent a short time in New York City where I traveled with Jasmin Escobar, assistant director of admissions at Pitzer College. My good friend and Skidmore classmate, Angel Perez, is the Director of Admissions at Pitzer and I look forward to seeing him this weekend at our 10 year reunion.

I met so many great students in New York City and- ate so many great meals:) High Schools typically offer dinner before a night time fair. Some of the schools' PTA prepare a multi-ethnic feast fit for kings and the college reps dine before the college fair begins (like this one at one NYC high school)




I went to a handful of fairs and sat on one College Night Panel in the New York City Area. I traveled to Long Island for a big fair organized by guidance counselors in the Nassau County School district. I also attended some college fairs in the mid-Hudson region of the state. I enjoy being on the road but this year I felt very guilty because I missed out on some graduation events on campus. My Spring travel season ended appropriately at the high school I graduated from nearly 15 years ago. I sat on a panel along side colleagues from Bucknell, Hartwick, Tufts, Union, University of Connecticut, and Yale. We spoke about various topics surrounding the admissions process. I spoke briefly about Facebook and public domain. Dinner was (of course) provided with a neat little twist; students in a culinary arts class prepared dinner for us.
Kudos to the student chefs!

No comments: